16/09 to 23/09/17
As the sun is setting behind the Atlas Mountains and the souks are closing shop – find yourself walking from the ocean back to your stunning oasis.
Enjoy a refreshing glass of mint tea and soft candle-lights under the African stars, sinking into a chair by the pool, you can’t help smiling about the incredible day you just had exploring with your new friends!
Explore your soul in this vast expanse of sky, desert and ocean. With daily yoga & meditation with Liz Frost, great food, new places to explore, and laughter with new friends. This is a week to try new things!
Morocco – bordering the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea – evokes images of souks and medieval maze-like streets, stretches of empty beaches, camels and caravans in stark deserts and mountains touched by Berber, Arabian and European influences.
We’ll be spending seven nights in the beautiful little Berber village of Aourir, on the Atlantic coast, enjoying the exotic culture, food, shopping, and the natural beauty of the ocean just steps from our appropriately named villa, Shangri-la. With mountains in the background, enjoying yoga on the rooftop terrace you’ll feel like you’ve found a secret oasis that only you know about.
Moroccan craftwork is stunning, the villa rooms beautifully appointed, and the atmosphere is the perfect cross between the excitement of adventure and relaxed vibes of yoga on the roof. The sun shines 300 days a year!
Shangri-La is a stunning, brand new, 3 story villa with 6 bedrooms fully equipped for your comfort: private shower and toilets (either inside or just outside the bedroom), bed linens, bath towels, air conditioning, garden, and swimming pool with mountain views from each room. You can enjoy free WIFI, throughout the house and in the garden. This is a ‘make yourself at home’ atmosphere with our host Sabine available to help make your stay whatever you want it to be.
There are small lounges on each floor with sofas and balconies, great for chilling out. On the ground floor, the open kitchen, the dining room and gathering area open onto the swimming pool and the garden.
You can walk out the door and immerse yourself in Moroccan Berber culture. Enjoy the mesmerizing souks and smells of the village or head to the ocean – a 15 minute walk from the villa.
Moroccan food is delicious! We’ll be indulged with traditional vegetarian cuisine at Shangri-La. The breads are baked fresh daily, and the dinners are slow, relaxing affairs with candlelight and magic. You’re not going to go hungry here, tempted with a variety of Middle Eastern dishes using fresh and seasonal local produce, herbs and spices: tajine, couscous, rfissa and more.
That means the creamiest hummus you can imagine, mouth-watering babaganoush (roasted eggplant), and bright salads with local produce.
The food this week will be healthy, fresh and oh so yummy! You are welcome in the kitchen for hands on cooking tips. It’s a casual atmosphere so feel free to help out, or just relax and be served – it’s up to you.
The Moroccan Hammam is traditionally a place where people go to socialize, relax and meet one another, but also to get scrubbed and cleansed in the hot baths. You will be treated to a private experience, going in pairs for your pampering. Be prepared to open your pores as your body is scrubbed with an exfoliating glove and savon noir soap (black soap made from home-grown olive oil). You will enjoy a private scrub,hot bath, get squeaky clean and fresh and then enjoy a one hour massage with local argon oil. You’ll leave feeling intensely relaxed and totally refreshed! Ahhhhh……
The area is known for it’s perfect surf conditions and this retreat is perfect for beginners. We’ll go to sheltered areas with “baby waves” to learn on. If you are already an experienced surfer, our surf instructors might take you to a different beach where you can catch some bigger waves. This is meant to be a fun introduction to surfing – don’t let the idea scare you. It’s fun just to float around on a board too!
There is no certainty or rules with the weather, but in general, very little rain or wind and mainly sunny days with blue skies is normal for September. Typical temperatures for September are: air (30°C – 40°C) and water (20°C – 25°C).
No level of physical fitness is necessary for either surfing or yoga – have fun with it all!
Ah…the delights of Marrakesh!
(It’s hard NOT to feel like Ingrid Bergman on the movie set of Casablanca!) We’ll have an optional day trip into the city to shop, explore the streets and take in the local architecture.
For sure you’ll fall in love with the Moroccan decor and there’s no way you’re going home without a piece of Morocco – whether it’s a beautiful lamp, unique textiles, a pouf, a carpet, silver jewelry, or leather goods.
• On Sept 16th we will meet in Agadir Airport to pick up the transfer to Aourir, 40km away (about 45 minute drive)
• We’ll meet our host Sabine at Magic Surf and settle in to Villa Shangri-La – our home for the week
• From Sunday 17th
• 7h-8h15 Yoga on the roof top terrace with ocean and mountain views
• 8h15-9H Breakfast
• 9h Head to the beach! Surf lessons in the morning of Sunday and Monday Sept 17 & 18
• 12 – 13h – picnic lunch on the beach, relax, swim
• 13h – free time on the beach, or walk the village
• 15h – yoga & meditation on the beach
• 15h Sunday. Monday & Tuesday, in groups of 2 we’ll head to the hammam for pampering
• 16h – Two more people head over to the hammam
• 16h30 Return from the beach to Shangri-la and enjoy free time to relax, nap, watch the sun set
• 17h – Two more people head over to the hammam
• 19h Everyone is back at the villa and enjoy dinner by the pool
• Free time in the evening
• Saturday Sept 23 – head back to Agadir airport for connecting flights from Europe home
The whole schedule is subject to change if necessary, or if something intriguing comes our way, but here’s the plan for now:
Tuesday – Tafraoute day trip – we’ll leave at 9h and return by 16h to spend the day exploring the ancient town with a guide. Plan to hike the foothills and explore the town by foot. Upon return to Aourir, a couple people will have their visit to the hammam & massage.
Wednesday – is market day in Aourir – it’s close to the beach and we can walk over after lunch, back to the beach for afternoon yoga and a sunset camel ride on the beach – yup camels!
Thursday – Marrakesh day trip is an option 100€ per person for transportation, guide and dinner in the city. This is a 3 hour drive each way so we’ll be leaving Aourir by 7h30 and returning really late in the evening. It’s best to make arrangements ahead of time but you can decide on site if you want to go and let Sabine know for travel arrangements. We need a minimum of 4 ppl to go.
Friday – free day to do whatever you want. Have another massage, hammam or book surfing, SUP, beach day, horseback riding, cycling, or a day trip to nearby towns; our host Sabine will help you arrange whatever you want to do.
ABOUT LIZ FROST:
Liz Frost is the owner of Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre and has been teaching yoga and meditation for over 15 years, facilitating and hosting group retreats for over 12 years. She is an avid traveler and loves to explore new places. She is not a surfer (more like Bambi on Ice) but game to try anything!
Liz teaches yoga as a form of mindfulness meditation, believing you don’t need to be sitting still and cross legged in order to be mindful.
Saturday, September 16, 2017 @ 12:00 pm – Saturday, September 23, 2017 @ 11:30 am
Quad room with 4 twin beds & ensuite washroom 750€ per person – 4 spaces available
Triple room with 3 twin beds & ensuite washroom 750€ per person – 3 spaces available
Twin room with ensuite washroom 800 € / per person – 6 spaces available in 3 rooms
No private rooms are available and space is limited to 13 ppl.
Let us know about any special needs or requests and we’ll do what we can to accommodate you.
If you want to arrive early or stay beyond the retreat you can make arrangements with Sabine directly.
Your Retreat includes:
• an incredible opportunity to get in touch with your soul, relax and hit the reset button on life
• adventures with new sights and sounds everyday
• 7 Nights accommodation
• 7 Breakfasts with all you need to kick off a great day!
• 6 or 7 delicious dinners at Villa Shangri-La. Dinners out at local restaurants are not included, and dinner in Marrakesh is included in the day trip cost of 100 € if you choose to take that optional day trip, otherwise have dinner at Shangri-la
• 2 Picnic lunches (fresh salads & sandwiches, fruits and water) at the beach
• 3-5 lunches at the villa – depending on time of arrival Sept 16 and participation in day trips
• 2 mornings surfing Sept 17 & 18 – lessons of 2.5 to 3 hours
• Teaching from fully qualified surf instructors
• 2 half days surf equipment hire (board and wetsuit)
• Transport to and from the surf spot
• 10 (at least) yoga classes with Liz
• All yoga equipment
• 1 hour Traditional Moroccan Hammam
• 1 hour Argan oil massage
• Camel ride on the beach – 1 sunset ride
• day trip excursion to Tafroute with a guide and transportation – lunch is not included that day
• Flights – check here for options, flying to Europe is recommended and then transfer to Agadir
• Airport transfers – can be arranged via Magic Surf and a group rate of 20€ from Agadir is possible
• Alcoholic beverages
• Travel insurance
• Pocket money
• Lunch on day trip to Tafroute and Marrakesh, lunch is available at the villa if you do not go on the day trips
• Marrakesh day trip is 100€ payable to Sabine on site if you choose to go
• Extra days of surfing are 60€ per half day and can be arranged on site as you wish (min 3 ppl required)
• Meals outside of the surf & yoga retreat venue
• Beach towel
Guests must provide proof of travel insurance that covers surfing and repatriation. We decline all responsibilities in case of accident or breakage and/or loss of surf equipment. The surf equipment, including wet suits and boards is lent to guests, so in case of lose or breakage, you will be charged a fee.
The Goddess and the sea
Yoga & Surf Retreat for Women
29/04 to 06/05/17
Carine Lemaitre, Yoga teacher and Health practitioner welcomes you for a Yoga & Surf trip in Morocco, close to the powerful Atlantic Ocean, in an authentic Berber village, for a Women journey!
Women have a privileged relationship with water.
Their internal waters which moves with cycles and Moons, the waters of the earth of which they are the sacred guardians.
Through Goddess Yoga practice, Surfing (each at its own pace), the presence of Yemanja (aquatic Mother Goddess, protective of women), the energy of sisterhood.
Connect and integrate water’s feminine energy
Softness / Fluidity / Receptivity / Strength
In the heart of a Moroccan Riad, the days will lead you through Goddess Yoga on mornings and evenings, surfing in some of the best spots, self time, local and awesome meals…
Daybreak from surfing will give you the choice between free time or visit Paradise valley
Who is this trip for?
For all Women, willing to know themselves better and wishing to connect with their inner water energy by connecting with the ocean.
For all Women, who are looking for peace, tranquillity, revive and renew their energy.
For all women that want to experiment a powerful women circle including the energy of the ocean and of Yemanja Goddess (Aquatic mother Goddess, Women guardian)
Yoga of the Goddess in few words:
It’s a practice which blend some different Yoga styles (Vinyasa flow, Hatha, yin, restorative) including danced movements as well as feminine qualities such as Sweetness / Fluidity /Strength /Receptivity to open the hips and upper body, stimulate feminine organs, clean the main axe to make the energy of the Shakti flow, to be a standing woman, a Goddess align in between Sky and Earth!!
- On April 29th we will meet in Agadir Airport where our transfer will wait for us. We will then head for Tamraght, 40km away. Once at our destination we will meet our host, and settle in the Riad.
- From Sunday 30th:
- 7h-8h15 Dynamic Goddess Yoga
- 8h15-9H Breakfast
- 9h Let’s go surfing for the day. Surf lessons in the morning, afternoon you’ll have the choice between free surf practice or free time on the beach.
- 16h Return to the Riad
- 17h-18h30 Yoga of the Goddess Relax, speaking circle, rituals
- 19h30 Diner
During our day off from surfing, probably on Tuesday, we will still practise Yoga morning and evening and the rest of the day you’ll have the choice in between visiting Paradise Valley and the Souk (40€ / person with guide, transport and lunch included) or free time.
Price 800 € / pers in twin shared private en-suite room
(100 € extra charge for a private single en-suite room)
Special EARLY BIRD: book your spot before 31/01/17 and get 10% discount.
- Group Return Agadir’s airport transfers. For other airport or individual transfers, please check with us.
- 7 Nights accommodation
- 7 Breakfasts with hot drinks, fresh orange juice, fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts, etc. all you need to kick off a great day!
- 7 Healthy and delicious diners at the Surf & Yoga camp. Diners taken out are not included
- 5 Picnic lunches (healthy salads or sandwiches, fruits and water) at the beach
- 5 Days surfing (morning lessons of 2,5 to 3 hours and afternoon free practice under the surveillance and advise of the surf instructors)
- Teaching from fully qualified surf instructors
- 5 Days surf equipment hire (board and wetsuit)
- Everyday transport to the surf spot
- 12 yoga classes with Carine
- All yoga equipment
- 1 Traditional Moroccan Hammam
- 1 Argan oil massage
- Travel insurance
- Pocket money
- Lunches out of the provided picnic
- Diners out of the surf & yoga camp
- Beach towel
We recommande our guests to purchase a travel insurance that covers surfing and repatriation. We decline all responsibilities in case of accident or breakage and / or lose of surf equipment. The surf equipment is lent to our guests, in case of lose or breakage, they will be charged a fee.
For autumn break, let’s go to Tamraght, Morocco, a small fishing village, 14 km from Agadir.
I’m taking you to Magic Surf Morocco, Surf & Yoga Camp; settle in a traditional Moroccan Riad, with pool and roof top terraces.
Ashtanga every morning, surf all day and Yin / Restorative Yoga late afternoon, on the beach at sunset, on the rooftop terrace or in the yoga studio.
Your days will be rich, intense, and warm. We’ll enjoy amazing local meals cook with love, and all the attention of Magic Surf Morocco qualified surf instructors and team members, and of course, a yoga teacher ready to jump in water with you.
On the 14 let’s go back home, tanned and resourced, ready for the winter!
A retreat can change lives, why not yours!
5 days of surf and Yoga
7h-8h Ashtanga Yoga
9h Let’s go surfing, picnic break on the surf spot. Surf lesson in the morning and afternoon surf practise or chill out, up to you!
16h Return to Riad
17h-18h Yin / Restorative Yoga
On rest day, probably the Tuesday, you can choose to have free time or to go to Paradise Valley (40€ / pers with guide, transport and lunch)
Price : 800€, in twin or double shared rooms
Extra charge of 100 € for single room
- Agadir return Airport transfers
- Full board
- Surf lessons
- Surf equipment
- Every day transport to the surf spot
- Yoga classes
- Yoga equipment (unless you want to take your own)
- Plane ticket
- Meals outside the Riad
- Personal travel insurance is compulsory